Name:
Location: pittsburgh, pa

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tunnel Ride!





As best I can figure from the low-res satellite pics on Bikely the route above should be pretty accurate to get you off Route S onto the abandoned turnpike, through the tunnels and back on route on the other side.

Direct link

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/CTC-Tunnel-Ride



More info here:

http://www.piketobike.org/

The entrance on the Breezewood side should be up a steep embankment. A bridge was removed here, but last year we had no trouble getting down from the trail, although I think we walked our bikes. Anyone have a better recollection of the end of the tunnel ride last year?

And on a sad note, Nick's bike got stolen a few days ago. I haven't heard from him in quite awhile, but I'll offer my assistance in getting you back on the road if you need it Nick. I don't think I have you email address anymore.



Roster so far:

Chris
Max
Andy
Ted
Carol
Me

Maybes

Nick
Ken (haven't heard from him in a while either)

If your name should be on here somewhere, email me.

randoneepa@gmail.com

3 Comments:

Blogger fxdwhl said...

Yeah it was a steep, grassy embackment with guardrail at the bottom just a little ways out of Breezewood. It's definately worth it to check out the tunnels, should be mainly downhill too heading east.

It might be ambitious but this area would be a great place to camp, just curious what kind of night time activety happens based on beer bottles, graffiti, and cops we saw last year.

Dan from Philly might be joining us but hasn't committed yet.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm definitly in if i can get a bike together in time. i'm optimisitc about that. i started putting in some hours at freeride. eric, thanks i'll let you know if i need any help.

last i talked to ken he said he was going to do crush the commonwealth.

my email is: aswerfawf ( at ) yahoo dot com

i put a post up on bike pittsburgh in case anyone sees my bike.

-nick

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely in.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home