Name:
Location: pittsburgh, pa

Sunday, May 13, 2007

End of Ride route

Chris helped out with a route on Bikely to get from Valley Forge to the Liberty Bell.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/CTC-end

More maps of the trail here:

http://www.schuylkillriver.org/trail_pages/vf.pdf

http://www.schuylkillriver.org/trail_pages/phila.pdf

When finished just give me a call on my cell, I'll get the number to you at the start. Don;t worry about the pay-phone, if someone wats to cheat in a race with no prize, far be it from me to get in their way.

Also, if you drop out, a call would be appreciated.

2 new riders bump us up to 10 confirmed

Chris
Max
Andy
Ted
Carol
Me
Nick
Ken
Adam
Wes

Also, due to complete lack of funds, T-shirts may have until a week or 2 after the race. If you can, get a shirt you want screen to Carol or me, we get down to printing shirts and spoke cards post race sometime. Max, I promise you a shirt this year regardless.



Weather report for May 18-20

Pittburgh
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42.

Harrisburg
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.

Philly
Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 73.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can count my ass in on this crazy adventure!!! I built a phat ass rail trail crusher of a bike last weekend just for this and hopefully it won't fall apart on me since I probably will not even put 20 miles on it before the weekend.

My email is pghmtnbike@yahoo.com if anyone has information that needs to be shared...

Pending any crazy circumstances this week that would keep me from going I'll be there Friday morning dark and early LOL...

7:35 AM  
Blogger fxdwhl said...

Yeah I'm getting anxious. Started getting the bike together last night, racks and lights are on just need to sort out what I'm taking and where it goes.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit! I have just as many stories to tell about my overnight stay at the Greyhound station in Center City as I do for the rest of this trip combined LOL!!!

I got to the bell just in time to claim I made it in 3 days (around 11:30 PM +/- a few minutes)...

I was back in Pittsburgh by noon Monday...

FYI... The greyhound station in Center City has bike boxes for sale for $10.00 and the employees were actually fairly nice to me.

However, make sure you know the schedules in advance because I was afraid of getting shot the whole night I sat there waiting for the next bus back to Pittsburgh and I saw some of the craziest things I'v ever seen waiting there for 4hrs to catch the bus LOL!!!

Then I could not find a window seat on the bus and kept falling onto the guy sitting next to me as I kept passing out all the way back to Pittsburgh smelling like the homeless.

That ride was a ton of fun and I look forward to doing that again next year, already knowing I can shave off quite a bit of time by making some adjustments here and there.

Thanks for the motivation and good times. I'd like to know everyone's times that I don't know already. I know that the 3 winners got to the bell at 5am and Ken left my ass in the dust before York and I never saw him again Sunday (while I was walking up hills I normally would not even consider to be hills on a normal day) limping my way into Philly.


Anyway, my email is pghmtnbike@yahoo.com if anyone wants to get in touch about an after-party here in Pittsburgh.

I am probably going camping next weekend but if not I am down for some beers.

-Adam ("aerobars")

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home